We understand that as we enter another year of the COVID-19 pandemic that much has changed. The one thing that has remained constant is that we are here to continue to keep our community and our employees as safe and healthy as possible.
With numbers constantly changing, new variants of concern and constant news daily on changing orders and new vaccine eligibility we want to take a moment to thank our residents. Thank you for being there for each other and for being kind and compassionate towards others as we all take this on together but apart, thank you for helping us adhere to the changes we make for our staff and community to feel safe and thank you for having an urge to stay informed and ask questions.
The province has implemented new public health orders to help slow the spread of variants of concern and to protect the health care system and Manitobans from the third wave. You can find these by visiting our dedicated COVID-19 Community Update Page.
With increasing case numbers and variants of concern we will be limiting our hours to help keep our community and staff safe. Our office will be open to the public for any in person needs from Tuesday to Thursdays, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm beginning the week of May 3rd, 2021. We will be closed to the public on Mondays and Fridays but our staff will remain working and answering phone calls and emails that come in and all essential services remain operational. We will monitor the situation and continue to update you of any changes.
Reminder of our current COVID-19 protocols and safety procedures:
- We ask that if you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms that you avoid the Municipal and Public Works offices
- All public hearings and public engagement at Council meetings will be done so virtually to limit the amount of people in our Council Chambers – to do so, simply email the office to register your virtual attendance. If you do not have access to internet or a computer, please let us know and we will work with you
- All meetings will be done by appointment only – so if you are coming into speak with someone directly, please call or email our office to make an appointment
- In order to adhere to physical distancing requirements, we will be limiting the public to three persons at one time in the office
- We do have a mandatory mask policy for those coming into the office
- Once you are in our office you’ll notice stickers on the floor to practice physical distancing, a plexi-guard now erected on our front counter and plenty of hand sanitizer for you to use
- We will accept cash, debit and cheque at our Municipal office but residents and businesses are requested to consider remote payment options rather than in-person payments. Remote payment options include: mailing a cheque, or paying through online banking or using the mail slot located at the back door (please place cheque in envelope)
For information on public health orders, vaccines, virus information, helpful resources and more, please visit our dedicated COVID-19 webpage.