Curbside Waste and Recycling Pickup in the southern portion of the RM begins on Monday, July 1, 2018. The contractor is Emterra Environmental.
A team is now working on the logistics and information packages will be provided to all those who will be receiving service. As always, full information will be available on our website. Pickup will be on Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Waste will be picked up weekly and recycling picked up bi-weekly.
Curbside Pickup Area Map
Curbside Pickup Area Schedule
Curbside Pickup Recyclable Items
Curbside Pickup General Information
- Emterra Environmental will be delivering the recycling and solid waste carts and schedules to homes receiving the service
- Carts will be delivered seven days per week
- Garbage carts will be delivered starting Wednesday, June 20 until Friday, June 29
- The following information was included with the garbage cart delivery:
- Curbside Pickup Starts Monday, July 2, 2018 in some neighbourhoods
- THIS IS YOUR GARBAGE CART. Recycling carts will be delivered after Monday, June 25 (we are awaiting delivery) anytime from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm seven days a week.
- A curbside pickup schedule, map and more information will be delivered with your recycling cart
- More information is on our website at rmofstclements.com/trash
- Questions? Call the RM Office at 204-482-3300
- Recycling carts will be delivered after Monday, June 25 (we are still awaiting their shipment) until Friday, June 29, 2018
- Delivery Hours: Delivery between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, but more likely between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Cart Delivery Procedure: Carts will be dropped off at your home and placed at the end of your driveway in the same position Emterra would like them placed for pick up
- Are you unable to take delivery or don’t want your carts delivered yet? Call the RM at 204-482-3300 to make arrangements for delivery
- Don’t want your carts delivered on the road at the end of your driveway? Call the RM at 204-482-3300 to make arrangements for delivery location
- Curbside Pickup Schedule: Will be delivered with the recycling carts and be available on our website after Monday, June 25, 2018
Curbside Pickup Plan at a Glance
|Start date||Monday, July 2, 2018|
|The plan||Weekly automated trash pickup and bi-weekly automated recycling pickup|
|Plan details||The RM will provide one 240 litre (64 gallon) grey waste cart and one 360 l (95 gal.) blue recycling cart to each occupied home. The cost of the carts is included in the yearly charge (value $105 per cart).|
|Service area||Southern portion of RM including Lockport, Narol, Gonor, East Selkirk, Ashfield, West Pine Ridge, West Garson and NE 59/44|
|Cost||$105 plus up to 2% per year to be charged on residents’ annual property tax bill in October. Only those receiving service will be charged.|
|Length of service agreement||5 years from start date to June 30, 2023|
Annual Curbside Pickup Charge Per Home Over 5 Year Contract
|2018 (1/2 year)||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023 (1/2 year)|
|Charge per Dwelling (include. Est. 2% inflation)||$52.50||$107.10||$109.24||$111.43||$113.66||$57.96|
How do I know if I will be receiving service?
Check the list in By-Law 3-2018 - Curbside Waste and Recycling Pickup - Schedule B. If your roll number/address is on this list, you will be receiving curbside pickup service.
Can I opt out now?
No, the opt out period is over now. The curbside contractor’s rate is based on the number of people who did not opt out after the opt out period was over. If you are in the program now, you will receive service until the contract is over, which is in five years.
Can I opt in now?
Yes, you may opt in online, in person or by mail. Find out the details here.