- This event has passed.
RM of St. Clements Open House
June 14 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Think Green and visit our Annual RM of St. Clements Open House!
The RM of St. Clements will be hosting a public Open House on Friday, June 14, 2019 from 2:00 pm to 7:00 pm at the East Selkirk Recreation Centre – rain or shine. Mayor, council and staff will be on hand to answer questions.
From the RM
- Our curbside pickup contractor Emterra Environmental will be there with their curbside pickup truck and copies of schedules
- Water testing bottles will be available and the RM will deliver them to the lab – The first 100 people will get their water tested for only $20! See below for further instructions.
- Local fire fighters and fire fighting equipment
- Public Works staff along with equipment such as our grader and excavator
- By-Law Officer and Protective Services Officer – sign up for All-Net Connect, a new system that residents can receive important emergency notifications by email, phone call or text – sign up to be a volunteer in case of emergencies within the RM
- Take an in depth look at our Strategic Plan – Council will be available to discuss any questions you may have
From the Community
- Assessment Branch – talk to an assessor about your property assessment
- Citizens on Patrol
- Zebra Mussel Prevention Program
- Native Orchid Conservation
- Selkirk & District Community Foundation
- Gaynor Regional Family Library
- Green Action
- Red River Planning District – they will be available to answer your building permit and zoning questions
- Manitoba Highland Gathering
- Manitoba Forestry Branch – pick up free seedlings!
- St. Clements Heritage
- Mobile Wellness – health education & services
- Oak Hammock Marsh
- RCMP – take a tour of their Check Stop truck
- Recycle Everywhere
- Grand Marais Community Central
- Selkirk Canoe & Kayak Club
- And much, much more!
- Free hard blue box and fabric recycling bins
- Bring your plastic shopping bags, batteries and cell phones and we will recycle them for you
- 72 hr emergency kit raffle
- RM picnic basket raffle with other goodies
- Bouncy castle
- Hot dogs, cake and drinks
- Face painting
Water Testing Instructions
First 100 People – $20.00 Water Testing
Get your drinking water tested for bacteria for $20 and we will deliver it to the lab in Winnipeg for you.
1. Pick up the bottles and paperwork at our Open House on Friday, June 14 2019 from 2:00 to 7:00 pm at the East Selkirk Recreation Centre.
2. Take your water sample, carefully following directions from lab, after 4:30 pm on Sunday, June 23 2019 (keep sample cool).
3. Drop off sample, completed paperwork along with your payment at the RM office on Monday, June 24 2019 between 8:30 am and 1:00 pm.
4. We will deliver Monday afternoon.
5. The lab will email or phone with your results.
*NOTE: The Province of Manitoba subsidizes the cost of one test from a single well per year at a cost of $22.31 with Horizon Labs. Their regular prices is $27.30. We are charging $20 for the first 100 people only!