Curbside Waste and Recycling Pickup in the southern portion of the RM has been approved by the Municipal Board and is scheduled to begin on Monday, July 2, 2018. The contractor is Emterra Environmental.
A team is now working on the logistics and information packages will be provided to all those who will be receiving service. As always, full information will be available on our website.
Collection details are being finalized. Pickup will be on Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday. Waste will be picked up weekly and recycling picked up bi-weekly.
- Emterra Environmental will be delivering the recycling and solid waste carts and schedules to homes receiving the service
- Carts will be delivered seven days per week
- Garbage carts will be delivered starting Wednesday, June 20 until Friday, June 29
- Recycling carts will be delivered after Monday, June 25 (we are still awaiting their shipment) until Friday, June 29, 2018
- Delivery Hours: Delivery between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, but more likely between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Cart Delivery Procedure: Carts will be dropped off at your home and placed at the end of your driveway in the same position Emterra would like them placed for pick up
- Are you unable to take delivery or don’t want your carts delivered yet? Call the RM at 204-482-3300 to make arrangements for delivery
- Don’t want your carts delivered on the road at the end of your driveway? Call the RM at 204-482-3300 to make arrangements for delivery location
- Curbside Pickup Schedule: Will be delivered with the recycling carts and be available on our website after Monday, June 25, 2018
Emterra Environmental will be at the RM of St. Clements Open House on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 from 2:00 to 7:00 pm with sample carts and a truck. They will be on hand to answer questions.
Curbside Pickup Plan at a Glance
|Start date||Monday, July 2, 2018|
|The plan||Weekly automated trash pickup and bi-weekly automated recycling pickup|
|Plan details||The RM will provide one 240 litre (64 gallon) grey waste cart and one 360 l (95 gal.) blue recycling cart to each occupied home. The cost of the carts is included in the yearly charge (value $125 per cart).|
|Service area||Southern portion of RM including Lockport, Narol, Gonor, East Selkirk, Ashfield, West Pine Ridge, West Garson and NE 59/44|
|Cost||$105 plus up to 2% per year to be charged on residents’ annual property tax bill in October. Only those receiving service will be charged.|
|Length of service agreement||5 years from start date, to 2023|
Curbside Pickup Charge Per Dwelling
|2018 (1/2 year)||2019||2020||2021||2022||2023 (1/2 year)|
|Charge per Dwelling (include. Est. 2% inflation)||$52.50||$107.10||$109.24||$111.43||$113.66||$57.96|
Curbside Service Area
How do I know if I will be receiving service?
Check the list in By-Law 3-2018 - Curbside Waste and Recycling Pickup - Schedule B. If your /address is on this list, you will be receiving curbside pickup service.
Can I opt out now?
No, the opt out period is over now. The curbside contractor’s rate is based on the number of people who did not opt out after the opt out period was over. If you are in the program now, you will receive service until the contract is over, which is in five years.
Can I opt in now?
No, not at this time, but you will be able to opt in later. Later this summer, residents will be informed on the process to opt in. The cost to opt in for this year will be $52.50 plus an administrative charge.