About Red River Planning District
The Red River Planning District (RRPD) provides planning and building development services for the RM of St. Clements and other partner municipalities. If you want to build anything or improve/develop your home or property, you must go through RRPD for approval.
The RRPD is a partnership between the Rural Municipalities of St. Andrews, St. Clements, East St. Paul, West St. Paul, the City of Selkirk and the Village of Dunnottar.
RRPD responsibilities include the adoption, administration and enforcement of the development plan for the entire district; the administration and enforcement of our member municipal zoning by-laws and any secondary plans; and the building by-laws of our member municipalities.
Know what to expect
Plan – To help you plan, you can check the live permit processing and inspection dashboard on their website, which is updated weekly.
New Applications – For new applications, you can now use the RRPD’s new try the new e-permitting system, Cloudpermit, for all your permit applications.
- Apply online and see the status of your applications anywhere, at any time.
- Start an application and finish it later.
- Receive email updates on the status of your permit application.
- Request building inspections with results sent immediately to your email.
Outstanding growth in 2021
- 240% more home addition permits.
- 140% more deck permits this year.
- At June 30, 2021 new dwelling permits increased by 100% over the same period last year, which was their previous record breaking year.
- In June alone, over 650 inspections were performed. Despite this, they have been able to continue with a 24-hour turnaround on inspections.
RRPD continues to advance their service improvement plans through increasing digitization and increasing staff.