- This event has passed.
RM of St. Clements Open House
June 23, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Life in St. Clements | Environmental |Community Groups
RAIN OR SHINE!
- JUST CONFIRMED – STARS (Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society) staff and helicopter will be here!
- They are scheduled to be here at 3:30 to 5:00 pm, unless they have an emergency call
- Food – hot dogs, drinks, cake, cotton candy, popcorn
- Plus the East Selkirk Recreation Associations The Home Plate restaurant will be open
- Bouncey Castle
- Chuck the Channel cat mascot will be visiting
- Some vikings, Medieval folk or Red River Settlers might drop by for a visit as they settle in at the Manitoba Highland Gathering, which shares our site and begins the next day
Life in St. Clements
- TOUR: the East Selkirk Water Treatment Plant at 3:00 pm, 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm
- FOR THE FIRST 100 PEOPLE: Get your drinking water tested for bacteria for $20 – we will deliver it to the lab!
- How? Come to the Open House to pick up your bottles and paperwork.
- Follow the instructions and take your water sample after 4:30 pm on Sunday, June 25. Be sure to keep it cool!
- Drop off the water sample and completed paperwork along with your payment of $20 at the RM office in East Selkirk between 8:30 am and 1:00 pm on Monday, June 26, 2017
- We will deliver the samples to the lab Monday afternoon
- The lab will email you your results
- *NOTE: The Province of Manitoba subsidizes the cost of one test from a single well per year at a cost of $21.26 with Horizon Labs. Their regular price is $26.25. We are charging $20 for the first 100 people only!
- Water testing, well and septic field maintenance
- Talk to a Bylaw officer
- Firefighters and equipment, fire prevention and safety, carbon monoxide safety, emergency management
- Red River Planning District – responsible for all construction and development in the RM of St. Clements
- Happy Thought School and East Selkirk Middle School’s Ukrainian Bilingual Program
- Learn about heritage with the RM of St. Clements Heritage Committee
- Dispose of your electronic waste with Responsible Electronic Recycling (RER). E-waste RER accepts: http://selkirklearningcentre.ca/rer.htm
- A sneak peek at curbside garbage and recycling pickup starting soon
- Recycle Everywhere
- Lake Friendly
- Manitoba Forestry Association – will be handing out white spruce seedlings
- Car pooling
- Dutch Elm disease
- MARRC – Manitoba Association for Resource Recovery Corporation
- Brokenhead Wetlands Interpretive Trail
- COPP – Citizens on Preventative Patrol volunteer community group
- Gaynor Family Regional Library – giving away free children’s books
- Manitoba Highland Gathering – begins the next day! Tickets available at special early bird pricing!
- Oak Hammock Marsh – test your wingspan
- Pawed Pals pet rescue
- Red River North Trails – Trans Canada Trail
- Red River North Tourism
- RCMP – get a tour of their Checkstop vehicle
- Selkirk and District Community Foundation
- Selkirk Biz
- Selkirk Canoe and Kayak Centre
Thanks to all participants!