Landfill and Transfer Station Summer Hours (Downloads)
* Effective Sunday, May 14, 2017
*Please note: The landfill and transfer stations are closed on statutory holidays
|Libau Landfill||Closed||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Dunning Road Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||11 am - 7 pm||Closed||Closed||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 7 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Clark Road Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||11 am - 7 pm||Closed||Closed||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 7 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Grand Marais Transfer Station||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||Closed||Closed||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm|
|Gull Lake Transfer Station||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||Closed||Closed||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm|
Libau Landfill and Transfer Station Tipping Fees
|Type of Material||Libau Landfill Resident Fees||Libau Landfill Non-Resident Fees||Commercial Fees|
(Libau Landfill only)
|Transfer Station Resident Fees||Transfer Station Non-Resident Fees|
|Garbage bags of daily generated waste (food)*||Free||$2.50 per bag||$2.50 per bag||$1.25 per bag||$2.50 per bag|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of garbage bags (10+)**||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||$12.50||$25.00|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of loose or misc. garbage***||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|One ton truck or larger load of miscellaneous garbage||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Large trailers of miscellaneous garbage (horse)****||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Construction/demolition/renovation†||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Used motor oil||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Liquid agricultural containers (triple-rinsed)||Free||Free||Free||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Tires - no rim||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Passenger tires- on rim||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00|
|Tractor or oversize tires on rim||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Clean burnables (grass, leaves, trees, branches, bales)||Free||$2.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Free||$2.00|
|Mattress/box spring or sofa chair||Free||$10.00 per item||$10.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Sofa or loveseat||Free||$20.00 per item||$20.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Fridges, freezers, A/C, water coolers (non decommissioned)‡||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00||Not accepted||Not accepted|
1 car/truck and 1 trailer together: will be charged a minimum of $25 for residents and a minimum of $50 for non-residents and commercial vehicles
Garbage bag size: 26″ x 32.5″ (regular)
Boxes are not bags and are considered loose and will be charged for
Loose garbage: boxes of garbage or is not bagged
*Daily generated waste (otherwise known as household): food scraps, tissues, kitchen waste, bathroom waste
**Miscellaneous garbage: shop, yard, basement, house or garage cleanup. These are items such as clothes, pillows, books, dressers, car seats, plastic pools, etc.
***Small trailer: single axle or equivalent to a 1/2 ton box (4 feet x 6 feet long x 2 feet high
****Large trailer: double or triple axle and larger than a 1/2 ton box. This includes small, single axle trailers with extended sides
†Construction/Demolition/Renovation material: any material that comes from or goes into erecting, demolishing or repairing a structure. This includes but is not limited to: lumber, drywall, windows, doors, flooring, carpets, sinks, toilet, tubs, insulation, etc.
‡Decommissioned means that you have had a licensed technician come out, remove the coolant and stamp the unit
- All recyclables can go together except glass, which must be separated.
- Why? Because currently glass has a poor recycling market at the moment so we actually crush it and use it for road building, as it is a superior product for this.
- No plastic bags required! Just empty your recycling bags into the bin and reuse your bags.
What can I recycle?
- Food and beverage containers (eg. cans, bottles, cartons)
- Plastic containers and packaging with a recycling triangle
- Newspapers, flyers, mail, magazines, paper
- Boxboard/cardboard boxes (eg. pizza, cereal, laundry)
- Shredded paper can be placed in a full size (77 litre) clear plastic bag
- Cardboard egg cartons and paper tubes
*please leave all lids on containers and bottles
What can’t I recycle?
- Plastic bags, cellophane
- Plastics without a recycling triangle
- Plastics that are not a container (eg. laundry baskets, toys, plastic cutlery)
- Aluminum foil, foil pie plates, foil food containers
- FOAM: cups, food containers, egg cartons,meat trays, packing materials
- Mirrors, window glass, broken glass
- Light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, cookware
- Steel pots and pans, scrap metal
- Waxed cardboard (eg. frozen food boxes, tomato boxes)