- Please do not leave garbage outside the gates after hours. This is not allowed under our bylaws, can potentially attract wildlife and leaves a mess for attendants to clean up.
- During a burn ban transfer stations will NOT accept burnables.
- Transfer stations are not allowed to burn and these burnables accumulate and become a fire hazard
- Alternatively, the burnables can be taken to Libau Landfill for a fee and they will be buried
Landfill and Transfer Station Winter HoursThis schedule is in effect starting on November 1, 2020
|Libau Landfill||Closed||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Dunning Road Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||11 am - 5 pm||11 am - 5 pm||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed|
|Clark Road Transfer Station||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||11 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Grand Marais Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||11 am - 5 pm||Closed|
|Gull Lake Transfer Station||Closed||11 am - 5 pm||Closed||Closed||Closed||Closed||9 am - 5 pm|
Libau Landfill and Transfer Station Tipping Fees
- Libau Landfill and all the transfer station accept cash or cheque only
- Interac or credit card payments are not accepted
|Type of Material||Libau Landfill Resident Fees||Libau Landfill Non-Resident Fees||Commercial Fees|
(Libau Landfill only)
|Transfer Station Resident Fees||Transfer Station Non-Resident Fees|
|Garbage bags of daily generated waste (food)*||Free||$2.50 per bag||$2.50 per bag||$1.25 per bag||$2.50 per bag|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of garbage bags (10+)**||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||$12.50||$25.00|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of loose or misc. garbage***||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|One ton truck or larger load of miscellaneous garbage||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Large trailers of miscellaneous garbage (horse)****||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Construction/demolition/renovation†||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Used motor oil||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Liquid agricultural containers (triple-rinsed)||Free||Free||Free||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Tires - no rim||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Passenger tires- on rim||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00|
|Tractor or oversize tires on rim||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Clean burnables (grass, leaves, trees, branches, bales)||Free||$2.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Free||$2.00|
|Mattress/box spring or sofa chair||Free||$10.00 per item||$10.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Sofa or loveseat||Free||$20.00 per item||$20.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Fridges, freezers, A/C, water coolers (non decommissioned)‡||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00||Not accepted||Not accepted|
1 car/truck and 1 trailer together: will be charged a minimum of $25 for residents and a minimum of $50 for non-residents and commercial vehicles
Garbage bag size: 26″ x 32.5″ (regular)
Boxes are not bags and are considered loose and will be charged for
Loose garbage: boxes of garbage or is not bagged
*Daily generated waste (otherwise known as household): food scraps, tissues, kitchen waste, bathroom waste
**Miscellaneous garbage: shop, yard, basement, house or garage cleanup. These are items such as clothes, pillows, books, dressers, car seats, plastic pools, etc.
***Small trailer: single axle or equivalent to a 1/2 ton box (4 feet x 6 feet long x 2 feet high
****Large trailer: double or triple axle and larger than a 1/2 ton box. This includes small, single axle trailers with extended sides
†Construction/Demolition/Renovation material: any material that comes from or goes into erecting, demolishing or repairing a structure. This includes but is not limited to: lumber, drywall, windows, doors, flooring, carpets, sinks, toilet, tubs, insulation, etc.
‡Decommissioned means that you have had a licensed technician come out, remove the coolant and stamp the unit
- At the Landfill & Transfer stations household recyclables can go together except glass, which must be separated.
- Why? Because currently glass has a poor recycling market at the moment so we actually crush it and use it for road building, as it is a superior product for this.
- If you are enrolled in the curbside garbage and recycling pickup, all accepted recyclables can go together, including glass and would then be sorted at their depot.
- No plastic bags required! Just empty your recycling bags into the bin and reuse your bags. We have signs up at the landfill and all transfer stations as well as a barrel for you to put your single use plastic bag in once the recycling is emptied from it.
Visit our webpage on curbside pickup to find out what recyclables are collected during curbside pickup.
What is household recycling?
- Food and beverage containers (eg. cans, bottles, cartons)
- Plastic containers and packaging with a recycling triangle
- Newspapers, flyers, mail, magazines, paper
- Boxboard/cardboard boxes (eg. pizza, cereal, laundry)
- Shredded paper can be placed in a full size (77 litre) clear plastic bag
- Cardboard egg cartons and paper tubes
*please leave all lids on containers and bottles
What is not accepted as household recycling?
- Plastic bags, cellophane
- Plastics without a recycling triangle
- Plastics that are not a container (eg. laundry baskets, toys, plastic cutlery)
- Aluminum foil, foil pie plates, foil food containers
- FOAM: cups, food containers, egg cartons,meat trays, packing materials
- Mirrors, window glass, broken glass
- Light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, cookware
- Steel pots and pans, scrap metal
- Waxed cardboard (eg. frozen food boxes, tomato boxes)
Hazardous waste and other recycling
The RM of St. Clements landfill and transfer stations accept free of charge:
- Electronic waste
- Motor oil
- Tires with no rim
- Auto batteries
- Propane tanks
The RM of St. Clements landfill and transfer stations accept for a fee:
- Regular or oversized tires on a rim
The RM of St. Clements landfill accepts for a fee:
- Fridges, freezers, A/C, water coolers
The Manitoba government has a new website that tells you where you can recycle everything: http://www.gov.mb.ca/sd/wastewise/index.html
Simply Recycle has a new website where residents can go to the site, enter in an item and then it will tell them if able to recycle or not, https://simplyrecycle.ca/about/recyclepedia/. Or download their Recycling Guide here.
What household hazardous waste can be dropped off? Click here
What E-Waste can be dropped off? Click here
One of the closest paint disposal points for RM of St. Clements residents is Windsor Plywood in West St. Paul. They will accept paint cans (as long as they are not in a plastic or glass container). Windsor Plywood is located at 3176 Main St, West St. Paul and can be reached 204-334-1666.
Pesticides or Livestock/Equine Medications
Cleanfarms Manitoba run an obsolete collection campaign where farmers can safely dispose of unwanted or obsolete agricultural pesticides and livestock/equine medications at no charge! For more information on this campaign, please visit their website at Cleanfarms or contact them at 1-877-622-4460.
Map of Landfills, Transfer Stations and Hazardous Waste Depot