Landfill and Transfer Station Summer Hours (Downloads)
* Effective Sunday, May 14, 2017
*Please note: The landfill and transfer stations are closed on statutory holidays
Please do not leave garbage outside the gates after hours. This is not allowed under our bylaws, can potentially attract wildlife and leaves a mess for attendants to clean up.
|Libau Landfill||Closed||Closed||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Dunning Road Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||11 am - 7 pm||Closed||Closed||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 7 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Clark Road Transfer Station||9 am - 5 pm||11 am - 7 pm||Closed||Closed||11 am - 7 pm||11 am - 7 pm||9 am - 5 pm|
|Grand Marais Transfer Station||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||Closed||Closed||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm|
|Gull Lake Transfer Station||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||Closed||Closed||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm||10 am - 6 pm|
Libau Landfill and Transfer Station Tipping Fees
- Libau Landfill and all the transfer station accept cash or cheque only
- Interac or credit card payments are not accepted
|Type of Material||Libau Landfill Resident Fees||Libau Landfill Non-Resident Fees||Commercial Fees|
(Libau Landfill only)
|Transfer Station Resident Fees||Transfer Station Non-Resident Fees|
|Garbage bags of daily generated waste (food)*||Free||$2.50 per bag||$2.50 per bag||$1.25 per bag||$2.50 per bag|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of garbage bags (10+)**||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||$12.50||$25.00|
|Pick-up truck /small trailer load of loose or misc. garbage***||$12.50||$25.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|One ton truck or larger load of miscellaneous garbage||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Large trailers of miscellaneous garbage (horse)****||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Construction/demolition/renovation†||$43.50/metric tonne||$43.50/metric tonne||$71.00/metric tonne||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Used motor oil||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Liquid agricultural containers (triple-rinsed)||Free||Free||Free||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Tires - no rim||Free||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Passenger tires- on rim||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00||$5.00|
|Tractor or oversize tires on rim||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00||$10.00|
|Clean burnables (grass, leaves, trees, branches, bales)||Free||$2.00||$71.00/metric tonne||Free||$2.00|
|Mattress/box spring or sofa chair||Free||$10.00 per item||$10.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Sofa or loveseat||Free||$20.00 per item||$20.00 per item||Not accepted||Not accepted|
|Fridges, freezers, A/C, water coolers (non decommissioned)‡||$30.00||$30.00||$30.00||Not accepted||Not accepted|
1 car/truck and 1 trailer together: will be charged a minimum of $25 for residents and a minimum of $50 for non-residents and commercial vehicles
Garbage bag size: 26″ x 32.5″ (regular)
Boxes are not bags and are considered loose and will be charged for
Loose garbage: boxes of garbage or is not bagged
*Daily generated waste (otherwise known as household): food scraps, tissues, kitchen waste, bathroom waste
**Miscellaneous garbage: shop, yard, basement, house or garage cleanup. These are items such as clothes, pillows, books, dressers, car seats, plastic pools, etc.
***Small trailer: single axle or equivalent to a 1/2 ton box (4 feet x 6 feet long x 2 feet high
****Large trailer: double or triple axle and larger than a 1/2 ton box. This includes small, single axle trailers with extended sides
†Construction/Demolition/Renovation material: any material that comes from or goes into erecting, demolishing or repairing a structure. This includes but is not limited to: lumber, drywall, windows, doors, flooring, carpets, sinks, toilet, tubs, insulation, etc.
‡Decommissioned means that you have had a licensed technician come out, remove the coolant and stamp the unit
- All recyclables can go together except glass, which must be separated.
- Why? Because currently glass has a poor recycling market at the moment so we actually crush it and use it for road building, as it is a superior product for this.
- No plastic bags required! Just empty your recycling bags into the bin and reuse your bags.
What can I recycle?
- Food and beverage containers (eg. cans, bottles, cartons)
- Plastic containers and packaging with a recycling triangle
- Newspapers, flyers, mail, magazines, paper
- Boxboard/cardboard boxes (eg. pizza, cereal, laundry)
- Shredded paper can be placed in a full size (77 litre) clear plastic bag
- Cardboard egg cartons and paper tubes
*please leave all lids on containers and bottles
What can’t I recycle?
- Plastic bags, cellophane
- Plastics without a recycling triangle
- Plastics that are not a container (eg. laundry baskets, toys, plastic cutlery)
- Aluminum foil, foil pie plates, foil food containers
- FOAM: cups, food containers, egg cartons,meat trays, packing materials
- Mirrors, window glass, broken glass
- Light bulbs, drinking glasses, ceramics, cookware
- Steel pots and pans, scrap metal
- Waxed cardboard (eg. frozen food boxes, tomato boxes)