2022 Financial Plan
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given pursuant to Subsection 162(2) of The Municipal Act, that the Council of the Rural Municipality of St. Clements intends to present its Financial Plan for the fiscal year 2022 at a Public Hearing in the Council Chambers of the R.M. of St. Clements on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022 at 7:00 p.m.
Seating at the financial plan will be limited to accommodate social distancing. We ask that you contact our office to register your attendance so that we can ensure adequate physical distancing seating. Alternatively, we will be live streaming the public hearing with interactive chat. A link to the hearing will be made available on our website.
Council will hear any person who wishes to make a representation, ask questions, or register an objection to the Financial Plan as provided.
If you wish to do one of the above, please submit in writing prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2022. Your written submissions can either be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at our office or mailed to our office if time permits.
Any person who has questions, needs clarification or requires further information, either prior to or following the hearing, is encouraged to contact Shannon Plischke, Finance Officer at 204-482-3300.
Copies of the 2022 Financial Plan will be available for review after April 26, 2022 at the Municipal Office located at 1043 Kittson Road, East Selkirk or on our website.
Dated this 8th day of April, 2022.
Chief Administrative Officer
- Download the 2022 Financial Plan Overview – we created this document in 2021 to help break down the important aspects of the financial plan at a quick glance and offer a further explanation on key parts using text, charts and other graphics
- Download the 2022 Financial Plan Presentation Slides or watch the Financial Plan Open House here
- Download the 2022 Financial Plan
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan - Approved & Signed
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan Presentation Slides
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan Overview – this is a *new* document that was created for this years financial plan to help break down important aspects of the financial plan at a quick glance and offer a further explanation on key parts using text, charts and other graphics
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan - Updated
- Download the 2020 Financial Plan RM of St. Clements
- Download the 2019 Financial Plan RM of St.Clements
- Download the 2018 Financial Plan
- Download the 2017 Financial Plan
How does borrowing work?
It is very similar to getting a loan to build a home.
- We get approval to borrow a certain amount. The amount approved for borrowing is not necessarily the amount we will borrow; it is a maximum amount.
- Before we actually borrow, we complete the project and pay for it either with money on hand, a short term loan or a line of credit. We will also be seeking grants and other cost saving opportunities to help reduce the amount borrowed.
- Once the project is completed, council will look for the best rate and borrow the funds that were spent
- Loan payments would have an expected start date and then at that point, the loan payments will be collected from residents through their annual property tax bill.