2021 Financial Plan
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given pursuant to Subsection 162(2) of The Municipal Act, that the Council of the Rural Municipality of St. Clements intends to present its Financial Plan for the fiscal year 2021 at a Public Hearing in the Council Chambers of the R.M. of St. Clements on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
Seating at the financial plan will be limited to accommodate social distancing. We ask that you contact our office to register your attendance so that we can ensure adequate physical distancing seating. Alternatively, we will be live streaming the public hearing with interactive chat. A link to the hearing will be made available on our website.
Council will hear any person who wishes to make a representation, ask questions, or register an objection to the Financial Plan as provided. If you wish to do one of the above, please submit in writing prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021. Your written submissions can either be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at our office by using the mail slot at the south door of our building or mailed to our office if time permits.
If you wish to watch a recording of the hearing, you will be able to view it on our youtube.
Any person who has questions, needs clarification or requires further information, either prior to or following the hearing, is encouraged to contact Shannon Plischke, Finance Officer at 204-482-3300.
Copies of the 2021 Financial Plan will be available for review after April 27, 2021 at the Municipal Office located at 1043 Kittson Road, East Selkirk or below.
- Download the 2021 Tax Levy By-Law and Financial Plan - Approved & Signed
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan Presentation Slides
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan Overview – this is a *new* document that was created for this years financial plan to help break down important aspects of the financial plan at a quick glance and offer a further explanation on key parts using text, charts and other graphics
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan - Updated – changes to Capital Funding (page 13)
- Download the 2021 Financial Plan
- Download the 2020 Financial Plan RM of St. Clements
- Download the 2019 Financial Plan RM of St.Clements
- Download the 2018 Financial Plan – Bylaw 10-2018
- Download the 2017 Financial Plan
The Council of the Rural Municipality of St. Clements intends to give first reading to two (2) proposed borrowing by-laws. For more information on these By-Laws, click here to take you to the web page.
- By-Law 12-2020 ESSW Softener and Truck Fill Borrowing - 1st Reading
- By-Law 12-2020 Schedule A for 1st Reading
- By-Law 13-2020 SSC Utility Borrowing - 1st Reading
- By-Law 13-2020 Schedule A for 1st Reading
How does borrowing work?
It is very similar to getting a loan to build a home.
- We get approval to borrow a certain amount. The amount approved for borrowing is not necessarily the amount we will borrow; it is a maximum amount.
- Before we actually borrow, we complete the project and pay for it either with money on hand, a short term loan or a line of credit. We will also be seeking grants and other cost saving opportunities to help reduce the amount borrowed.
- Once the project is completed, council will look for the best rate and borrow the funds that were spent
- Loan payments are expected to start between 2020 and 2022. At that point, the loan payments will be collected from residents through their annual property tax bill.