2020 Financial Plan
To download the 2020 Financial Plan Public Notice, click here.
The 2020 Financial Plan Hearing, as required by the Municipal Act, will be held on Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 7:00 pm at the RM of St. Clements Council Chambers at 1043 Kittson Road in East Selkirk.
Seating at the financial plan will be limited to accommodate social distancing. We ask that you contact our office to register your attendance so that we can ensure adequate physical distancing seating. Alternatively, we will be live streaming the public hearing with interactive chat. A link to the hearing will be made available on our website.
Council will hear any person who wishes to make a representation, ask questions, or register an objection to the Financial Plan as provided.
If you wish to do one of the above, please submit in writing prior to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5th, 2020. Your written submissions can either be emailed to email@example.com, dropped off at our office by using the mail slot at the south door of our building or mailed to our office if time permits.
If you wish to watch a live stream, please use this link at the time of the meeting, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_xVQ-hzEW2ocq13zuiW1fw/. Please note that this is just a live stream, if you wish to make representation please see instructions below.
If you wish to make representation through a Zoom meeting link, please contact our office at 204-482-3300. After we receive your request to make representation, we will then provide you with the Zoom Meeting link.
Any person who has questions, needs clarification or requires further information, either prior to or following the hearing, is encouraged to contact Shannon Plischke, Finance Office, at 204-482-3300.
Copies of the 2020 Financial Plan will be available for review after Wendesday, April 22, 2020. With our office being closed to the public please contact our office by phone at 204-482-3300 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive a copy and we can then either email or mail you one.
Download the 2020 Financial Plan RM of St. Clements
We invited those who wanted to make representation or ask questions to submit them in writing prior to the hearing so that they could be read out and answered. Below you’ll find those questions and answers regarding the 2020 Financial Plan.
- Download the By-law No. 6-2018 Borrowing for Municipal Recreation Facility
- Download the By-law No. 7-2018 Borrowing for Narol Fire Hall
- Download the By-law No. 8-2018 Borrowing for Water Control Works
The three borrowings included in this year’s budget have been approved by the Municipal Board so the projects can proceed. The borrowings are:
- To build a municipal recreation facility in south St. Clements – up to $4,850,000
- Upgrades and expansion of facilities and equipment of the Narol Fire Department – up to $1,573,000
- Construction & Improvement of Water Control Works – up to $3,520,000
How does borrowing work?
It is very similar to getting a loan to build a home.
- We get approval to borrow a certain amount. The amount approved for borrowing is not necessarily the amount we will borrow; it is a maximum amount.
- Before we actually borrow, we complete the project and pay for it either with money on hand, a short term loan or a line of credit. We will also be seeking grants and other cost saving opportunities to help reduce the amount borrowed.
- Once the project is completed, council will look for the best rate and borrow the funds that were spent
- Loan payments are expected to start between 2020 and 2022. At that point, the loan payments will be collected from residents through their annual property tax bill.