July 30, 2020
The RM of St. Clements invites applications for a Seasonal Class 1 Heavy Equipement Operator and Seasonal Class 3 Operator (approximately beginning of May to end of October).
To download the posting, click here.
June 30, 2020
Project Coordinator – to download the full posting click here.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Closing Date: This position will remain open until a suitable applicant is secured. However, applicant screening and interviews may begin as early as July 31, 2020.
Under the general direction of the Public Works Manager, the Project Coordinator will support the department by; coordinating projects and assisting with development plans; ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of municipal buildings, landfill, transfer stations, parks, pathways, trails, municipal roads, drains, administering various contracts, supervising of staff, responding to public inquires, overseeing snow clearing, preparing reports, and other duties as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate projects and assist with development plans for facility maintenance, equipment purchase and general maintenance including;
- Overseeing RM initiatives, projects, upgrades and renovations as required,
- Administering various contracts,
- Creating and or maintaining a detailed inventory of facilities, equipment and supplies, including condition reports,
- Ensuring the collection and maintenance of detailed records and files regarding maintenance activities and associated costs,
- Developing and ensuring the adherence to equipment and facility management standards (such as frequency of maintenance and facility life cycle standards for replacement),
- Ensuring the provision of safe municipal facilities by adhering to appropriate building codes and other related standards,
- Supervise the work of employees by:
- Establishing work priorities and schedules,
- Directing and monitoring work performance,
- Reviewing and approving time sheets; including the approval of overtime work/emergency response,
- Provide training and supervision,
- Ensuring adherence to Workplace Safety & Health Standards and operational procedures and processes,
- Respond to public enquiries and concerns,
- Prepare operations reports and recommendations for the Public Works Manager as required,
- Inform the Public Works Manager of recommended changes to by-laws and policies,
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Public Works Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of project coordination/project management.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and manage employees,
- Ability to establish priorities, and action work objectives with a high level of independence and minimal supervision,
- Knowledge of facility management as it relates to municipal buildings and infrastructure,
- Knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques, equipment and heavy machinery operations,
- Knowledge in the safe use, operation and preventative maintenance of various equipment,
- Ability to coordinate, organize, and problem solve,
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and in writing,
- Ability to deal with the public in a respectful manner,
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, personal initiative balanced by a realistic understanding of one’s authority; seeking out and or following advise/direction where appropriate.
Credentials and Experience:
- Certified Engineering Technologist, or related certification, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- Experience in project coordination/management. Project Management credentials considered an asset.
- Previous municipal work experience would be an asset.
- Previous supervisory responsibilities.
- Understanding of heavy equipment, road construction, mowers/large scale grass cutting, and/or landfill operations would be an asset.
- A solid understanding of Microsoft word, Microsoft Excel, or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience in facility maintenance management would be an asset.
- Valid Province of Manitoba driver’s class five (5) license
- Satisfactory Criminal Record check
RM of St. Clements
Public Works Dept
Box 2, Grp 35, RR1
1043 Kittson Road
East Selkirk, MB R0E 0M0
The RM of St. Clements wishes to thank all candidates for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals considered for an interview will be contacted.