COUNCIL CLERK – ADMINISTRATION
Reporting to the Manager of Administration and Development, the RM of St. Clements is seeking candidates for the position of Administration – Council Clerk. The ideal candidate will be experienced in various administrative duties within a municipal environment with a solid aptitude for learning new software programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides support to Mayor and Council as directed by Manager of Administration and Development, i.e., Writes letters, update calendars, book conferences
- Provide CAO and Council support during Council meetings
- Take minutes/notes during Council meetings
- Prepare and follow-up minute clearing documents
- Updates agenda manager with upcoming meetings and conferences
- Arranges meetings
- Confirms attendance at meetings and books hotels and flights when required
- Greets the visiting public in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Answers the phone using proper telephone etiquette
- Provide support to the Manager of Administration and Planning
- Other duties assigned
- Knowledge and understanding of municipal legislation, i.e., The Municipal Act, The Planning Act, Municipal By-laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and methods including telephone communications, office systems, and record keeping.
- Knowledge of modern business communication, including style and format of letters, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Skill to type 50 words per minute.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
This is a full-time position. The RM offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume until 4:00pm April 30, 2021 to:
Heather Stanik, Manager of Administration and Development
Rural Municipality of St. Clements
1043 Kittson Road
Box 2, GRP 35, RR1
East Selkirk, Manitoba R0E 0M0
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.